Articles in this section
- What is live activity and how do I use it?
- Why did a shot get detected with a different club?
- Why does my putter sensor miss the occasional putt?
- Why is Arccos not automatically switching holes?
- Why are no shots being detected?
- Can I use Arccos at night or in low-light?
- Does Arccos Caddie support Stableford scoring?
During play you may notice now and again that a shot was detected that was not used. There are a few things that could cause this:
1. A False Positive shot was detected. False positives occasionally happen when carrying multiple clubs, tapping a club on the ground, or dropping a club. We recommend carrying your clubs with the sensor facing down so that it is in “sleep mode”, and gently laying them down vs dropping or throwing them.
2. Occasionally you might see a shot that is detected in the correct location but the wrong club was detected. There are a couple potential causes of this:
- You may have pulled out a club and taken a practice swing, then decided to switch to a different club for the actual shot. Ex: I pulled out my 8 iron, took a practice swing, then switched to a 7 iron.The app detected a false positive (practice swing with the original club before the actual shot took place with the club that was used.)
- The sensor used could have the same SensorID as another sensor/club in your bag. It is very rare to have 2 sensors share similar IDs, however it is possible. If you think this is the case, try using sensor diagnostics on your clubs, and if two sensor IDs identify as the same club, contact email@example.com and we can replace one sensor for you.
3. In other instances you might detect a shot where the shot tag color is highlighted and looks different than the other shots.This means a shot was added by our machine learning (ML) algorithms. During the round we run machine learning algorithms (ML) that 'back up' our sensor shot detection. If a shot is missed (e.g. due to a dead sensor) and our ML models are confident an actual shot was taken it will add in a shot (indicated by the different shot tag icon in the screenshot below). The ML algorithm is very accurate but not perfect so it may sometimes incorrectly add a shot in. You can simply delete this shot if it is incorrectly added.
- The ML model will also select a club that best matches the smart distance between the shot location and the center of the green. (Note: the club selected by the ML model may not always be correct). You can easily change the club by tapping on the shot tag and selecting the appropriate club if necessary.