If your app did not automatically switch holes, or you are noticing that all of your shots are piling up on 1 hole, you likely ran into a hole switching error.
Listed below are a few tips about how our hole switching algorithm works. Not following the tips outlined below can cause you hole switching issues and you may see shots begin to all pile up on one hole. We hope one of these might help explain what may have happened during your round.
Hole switching tips:
1) You must select the correct starting hole at Start Round (e.g., if you start on hole 10, you should swipe to hole 10 before pressing start round).
2) Holes need to be played consecutively. Skipping a hole will confuse the app and cause hole switching errors. If playing out of order you can manually swipe to the correct hole and click 'Play Hole'.
3) Hole switching is based on stepping foot on a green, and detecting a putt. If you don't access a green for a hole, the app could get confused (e.g. if you chip in, your playing partner tosses you the ball and you never step foot on the green, the app might get confused and not switch to the next hole).
4) If you were to step foot on a green and detect a putt, hole switching will kick in shortly after leaving the green and walking to the next tee box. If you step onto a green but don't detect a putt, hole switching won't kick in until you are 40 meters from the green. If the next tee box is within 40 meters, you could potentially have a hole switching error.
5) Course mapping errors - If a course has been mapped incorrectly, or has outdated images it is possible to cause hole switching errors. Please report these errors to email@example.com
6) If any of these situations arise during your round, you can always swipe to the appropriate hole and manually click 'Play Hole'.
To fix this issue during the round or after the round, you can go to the scorecard for this round -> tap 'Move Shots' -> and drag all of the holes around so they match up with the appropriate shots.
Note: If you are playing a hole with a temporary green, hole switching will not happen automatically and you will need to manually hit 'Play hole' on the correct hole to continue recording your shots.
If you follow all of the guidelines above and are still experiencing hole switching issues, please contact Starter@arccosgolf.com or call us at (844)-692-7226, Monday – Friday from 11 am to 5 pm EST.