Articles in this section
- Phone Position: is the phone in the front (left) pocket (if right handed)?
- Other Application Active: is another app using your phones microphone, bluetooth channel, or GPS? Hearing aids, bluetooth speakers, phone calls, other background apps can interfere and take access away from Arccos causing missed shots.
- Sensor Issues: Can you confirm your sensors are paired and functioning properly? To test, please use ‘Club Diagnostics’.
- Phone Microphone: Can you confirm your phones microphone is not dirty or malfunctioning? Our sensors communicate to the phone’s microphone via high-frequency sound. If there are any issues with the phone’s microphone it could cause issues. Cleaning the microphone will help. The best way to clean it is to use a microfibre towel or toothbrush and brush gently until clean.
For iPhone users: Try the steps in this link to test your primary microphone, front microphone, and rear microphone.
Less common reasons for missing shots with phone shot detection are:
- Phone Case: Is there a protective case blocking your phone's microphone? This could cause block the phones microphone from hearing sensors.
- Play at Night: Sensors are activated by UV light therefore shots will not be detected at night or just before dusk.
- Shots within 5 yards: All shots within 5 yards of each other (e.g., 2 shots in the same bunker, or flubbed chips) will be automatically suppressed. This algorithm keeps practice swings from being detected at the same location as a real shot but unfortunately can occasionally suppress a real shot.
- Clothing (pants/shorts) material: Are you playing in cold weather pants, rain pants or nylon/polyester fabric dominate clothing? This material can block noise and even create noise when swinging that prevents the phone from hearing the sensors/shots occurring. This would not be an issue if using the Arccos Link or Apple Watch for shot detection.
If you are still experiencing issues missing shots, please contact Starter@arccosgolf.com and share what troubleshooting has been attempted.