Rangefinder Only mode allows a user to continue to receive live distances (front, middle & back of the green), "Plays Like" distances, and recommended club (non-tournament mode) while using the iPhone for shot tracking.
Tip: To use Apple Watch in Rangefinder mode, do not select Apple Watch for shot detection.
Apple Watch – Rangefinder Mode Features
- GPS – Live distances to the Front, Middle, and Back, or Front, Pin, and back if the pin has been marked on the green
- Plays Like Distances – GPS distances that leverage wind and elevation (when in non-tournament mode)
- Club Recommendations – Receive club recommendations based on your Smart Distance.
If you are using the phone for shot detection, you will also have the ability to:
- Putt Editing – Easily one-touch add or delete putt functionality
- Pin Placement – When on the green, easily mark the location of the pin
How do I start a round with the Apple Watch in Rangefinder Mode?
- Open your Arccos Golf app on your watch and keep illuminated
- Start a round in the Arccos Caddie app on the iPhone and it will automatically sync with your watch
- You will then be 'in-play' and should see distances to the first hole
*For tournament mode make sure the phone is in tournament mode.